Macmahon secures key rail contract with NSW govt

Macmahon will work in alliance with the state government’s Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation (TIDC), providing engineering and construction services for the project in Sydney’s west.A joint venture will be responsible for construction activity on the project. Macmahon subsidiary MVM Rail has a 60% stake in the JV with French group Bouygues owning the remaining 40%, according to Macmahon.The Glenfield project involves track work, traction power and overhead wiring, and signalling elements, Macmahon said.The JV will be responsible for:A new flyover at Glenfield Junction, which will carry the Up East Hills line over the Main South line;Upgraded and new rail systems and infrastructure;Platform re-configurations and alterations at Glenfield station, including new lifts, platform, footbridge and overhead concourse; and Road layout modifications along Railway Parade.Macmahon chief executive Nick Bowen said Glenfield was the second major NSW rail project the company had secured in three weeks.“This project provides a further opportunity for Macmahon to demonstrate its strength and expertise in delivering complex rail infrastructure projects,” Bowen said.According to Macmahon, Glenfield Junction is a high use connection for passenger and freight services. Existing conflicts between train paths on the Up East Hills line and the Down Main South line hamper growth capacity due to limitations for operating additional services.

Send this to a friend