Inside Waste Industry Report Chapter 3: Local Government
$200.00 inc GST
The “Role of Local Government” Chapter looks at the progress, challenges and sentiments of Waste and Resource Recovery at the council level. Using unique data gathered directly from councils from the end of 2019 to early 2020, questions mirrored where possible the last survey conducted in 2011-12 and 2014, allowing for an analysis of data over time.
Other key findings and elements of the report include:
- Update on GO and FOGO uptake, and survey of barriers
- Opinions on weight-based charging
- Preference on collection service frequency and bin-types
- Level of interest and barriers for uptake in services such as additional glass and paper bins, AWT and EfW
- Council Staff and Spending plans
- All data analysed Nationally, and also presented by State.
- List of participating councils, facilities, and contractor details including expiry years.
- Data collected from 105 local government entities, representing 20% of Australian councils.