The WRIQ is inviting its members and non-members to attend a WRIQ Business Breakfast at the Brookwater Golf Club, Ipswich. This business breakfast comes at an important time for the industry to come together on the back of a spike in consultation and engagement from the Department on Organics, Composting, Waste to Energy and other government priorities.
The breakfast will feature presentations from:
- Mac Irvine (associate director and acting head of waste and bioenergy) from the Clean Energy Foundation Corporation outlining the investment outlook on resource recovery in the recently published Energising resource recovery: the Australian opportunity report
Irvine specialises in corporate and project financing in the waste, recycling, resource recovery, bioenergy, energy from waste and biofuels sectors. He has experience in corporate and project financing, deal structuring, strategy and execution both domestically and internationally across a variety of sectors, including infrastructure, renewable energy, power and utilities and property, having previously held investment banking and financial advisory roles at Barclays and KPMG in the UK. Mac completed a Bachelor of Applied Science and a Master of Commerce (Finance) at the University of Queensland.
- Andrew Buchan from HLB Mann Judd will be Unpacking the key takeaways of the State & Federal Budget.
Buchan heads the Wealth Management and Superannuation divisions at HLB Mann Judd Brisbane, bringing to the role over 20 years’ experience in financial planning.
Buchan believes in working collaboratively with his clients to achieve their financial goals, creating wealth via a bespoke structured, long-term approach. He considers a financial plan to be a lifelong journey, and prides himself on the personal and authentic service he delivers to clients.
Relationships are of utmost importance at HLB Mann Judd. Buchan has developed a team culture based on the values of integrity, service and quality. He and his expert team specialise in innovative solutions for complex situations.
Prior to becoming a financial planner, Andrew was a teacher in South West Queensland for nine years. He then completed a Bachelor of Business degree, majoring in Economics. To add further depth to his qualifications, he has completed a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, and a Diploma of Financial Planning. Andrew is an accredited self-managed superannuation fund specialist advisor and a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Ongoing educational and professional development ensures Andrew is always up to date with the latest industry standards.
In 2013, Buchan was awarded Top 10 honour roll status in the penultimate Australian Financial Review Smart Investor Master Class. Andrew was named Australian Unity (QLD) Adviser of the Year 2016, 2017 & 2018 and was recognised by the Financial Standard as one of the 50 most influential advisors in Australia for 2017.
Attendees will also receive updates from:
- WRIQ on recent stockpiling consultation, launch of new WRIQ initiatives in Ipswich, and broader projects to benefit the people in our sector
- Department of Environment and Science on current matters related to regulation and policy. Including recent consultation activities
Ticket price includes:
- Hot plated big breakfast, shared fruit platter, juice, tea and coffee
- Attendee delegate pack with resources on recent waste, recycling and circular economy updates
The breakfast will also feature door prizes and special giveaways.