The Waste Management and Resource Recovery Association of Australia’s Young Professionals (YPs) Scholarships are back in 2021.
WMRR is giving two (2) YPs an opportunity to attend and present at a WMRR national conference in 2021, with all expenses related to travel and conference registration covered as part of the scholarship.
To kick off this year’s program of scholarships, the association is inviting WMRR YPs to submit an application for the forthcoming Australian Landfill and Transfer Stations (ALTS) Conference, which will be held in Sydney from 8 to 10 June. Details of the second scholarship for the Energy from Waste Conference in Melbourne will be announced later in the year.
The winner of the WMRR YPs scholarship will have their expenses covered to the value of $2,500, including the conference registration and all expenses associated with travel and accommodation. The winner will also have an opportunity to make their mark by presenting to their industry colleagues at the conference.
The ideal applicant
To be eligible for consideration, you must:
- be a current financial WMRR member;
- be 35 years old or younger;
- have at least two (2) years’ professional experience in the WARR sector;
- be able to submit an abstract that meets the conference theme and topics along with your scholarship application – the themes for the 2021 ALTS can be found here;
- be able to attend and present at the conference if selected;
- be willing to write a brief article for use by WMRR on your conference experience; and
- not be a previous scholarship winner.
An independent panel of industry experts will assess each application in relation to the eligibility criteria and one eligible application will be selected by the panel to present at the conference.
Want to find out more? Click here for full terms and conditions of the 2021 WMRR YPs Scholarships program, including all eligibility criteria, or here to submit an online application form. Applications close on Friday, 9 April 2021 and all decisions made by the panel are final.