Nominations are now being sought for the new-look 2021 WasteSorted Awards, formerly known as the Infinity Awards.
The Awards will celebrate Western Australia’s waste champions making positive waste change and recognise innovative solutions to reduce waste and improve reuse and recycling.
They are open to individuals, business and industry, government, schools, community organisations, not-for-profits and media outlets, the categories for 2021 include:
- Avoid Recover Protect – Community Waste Award
- Avoid Recover Protect – Commercial and Industrial Waste Award
- Avoid Recover Protect – Waste Management Award
- Avoid Recover Protect – WA Regional Waste Award
- 2021 Waste Champion
- 2021 Young Waste Achiever
- Waste Team of the Year
- Waste Innovation of the Year
- Waste Wise School of the Year
- Media Award
A further two awards – the 2021 WA Waste Award and the 2021 Waste Initiative of the Year – may be awarded at the judge’s discretion.
Environment Minister Stephen Dawson said that many individuals and organisations achieving great outcomes across the State.
“The Awards provide an opportunity to recognise Western Australia’s waste champions and shine a light on these amazing projects at the same time. I strongly encourage everyone to put their projects forward and enter the 2021 WasteSorted Awards.”
Nominations for the 2021 WasteSorted Awards are now open and will close at 5pm (WST) on Tuesday February, 2 2021. Winners will be announced in May 2021.