Key findings of the report outline challenges councils face to reach National Waste Policy targets
The third Chapter of the Inside Waste Industry Report – The Role of Local Government – is now available for purchase.
The Inside Waste Industry Report series of chapters offer valuable research and insights into Australia’s Waste and Resource Recovery landscape. This is the third of four Chapters, released over time, with each Chapter providing original research, in-depth analysis and key findings on what is shaping the future of this industry.
Key findings from Chapter 3: The Role of Local Government highlight what is happening at the coalface of the industry – at council level. Data for this report was compiled from the end of 2019 to early 2020, with additional context provided around current conditions. Questions mirrored where possible the last survey conducted in 2011-12 and 2014, allowing for an analysis of data over time.
Key findings and elements of the report include:
· Update on GO and FOGO uptake, and survey of barriers
· Opinions on weight-based charging
· Preference on collection service frequency and bin-types
· Level of interest and barriers for uptake in services such as additional glass and paper bins, AWT and EfW
· Council Staff and Spending plans
· All data analysed Nationally, and also presented by State.
· List of participating councils, facilities, and contractor details including expiry years.
To purchase your copy of the report, including this and previous chapters, please click here https://www.insidewaste.com.au/index.php/inside-waste-industry-report/