The 2020 Sustainable Cities and Sustainable Communities Tidy Towns Awards Programs are now open for councils, NGO’s, community groups, schools, individuals and businesses.
The Awards include:
The Environmental Communication Award– for programs and projects that inspire environmental action, through:
- Education and communication campaigns that raise awareness of environmental sustainability for topics such as energy, water or waste reduction to create empowerment and behaviour change amongst the target audience.
- Developing and building communication partnerships that enable sharing of resources, ideas and knowledge.
- Creating spaces and places for environmental communication programs that demonstrate ideas and practical solutions for the community.
The Waste Less, Recycle More Waste Minimisation Award– for a project or program that tackles a range of waste and recycling problems through:
- Waste minimisation and reduction.
- Effective and innovative waste and recycling programs – including education and infrastructure projects.
- Incentivising behaviour change to improve waste management, recycling and stop illegal dumping.
The Don’t Be a Tosser! Litter Action Award– for a project or program that reduces or prevents litter. This could include projects that use one or more of these approaches:
- Behaviour change techniques to stop littering.
- New or effective ways to communicate about litter and its impacts.
- Build partnerships or networks to prevent litter.
- Enforcement techniques to reduce litter.
- Create effective infrastructure and place design to reduce litter (signage, bins, other landscaping).
The Awards close for entries on June 20 and will be judged in July. Meanwhile The Sustainable Cities winners will be announced on October 9 and Sustainable Communities Tidy Towns on November 13-15.